ISOS provides international and domestic emergency medical, security and travel assistance services anywhere in the world.
Before you travel
- Contact ISOS to request a pre-departure briefing specific to your itinerary. Complete the ISOS travel briefing form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. ISOS will respond with your briefing within 72 business hours.
- Know how to contact ISOS if you need them while you’re away: add the ISOS assistance app to your smart phone and download your ISOS ID card.
During your trip
- Contact ISOS for medical and travel security assistance: use the ISOS assistance app for one-click dialing, or refer to your ISOS ID card for in-country and dedicated Yale phone numbers. You may ask the operator to reverse the charges.
- Coverage applies to business and personal travel 100 miles or more away from your permanent residence.
- Multilingual assistance is available 24/7/365.
Note for students taking a leave of absense from Yale College:
Students taking a leave of absence from Yale College continue to have access to International SOS travel assistance and evacuation services. However, as with all personal travel not sponsored by Yale, out-of-country medical coverage is not available to students while on a leave of absence. Students on a leave of absence also do not have coverage through the Yale Health plan. Please contact Yale Health Member Services for more information and visit the Yale International Toolkit for more insurance options. We also encourage you to speak with a parent/guardian about individual or governmental insurance plans available to you.
Click on the headings below for more information about International SOS travel assistance. A list of resources is available in the menu to the right.