Reporting Insurance Claims

For reporting Property, Automobile, and General Liability claims

Property, automobile and general liability insurance claims are handled by Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Yale’s third party claims administrator.  Claims should be reported promptly to Sedgwick CMS via their intake portal, which can be found at:

Access Code: 7470GlobalIntake!

Please visit Reporting Insurance Claims to Sedgwick Claims Management for detailed instructions on how to report a claim.  Once reported, an adjuster will contact you within 24 hours.   

If you have any questions regarding claim reporting, please contact

For reporting Workers’ Compensation claims, please visit the Workers’ Compensation webpage.

The Office of Risk Management recommends reports be submitted even if it is not believed at the time of the accident or incident that there were any injuries or damage. Reporting the accident or incident immediately allows Sedgwick and the Office of Risk Management to perform a timely investigation of the facts and circumstances surrounding an accident or incident, in case injury or damage is discovered later.  Please also file a report if the incident was a “near miss”.  That will help to better evaluate trends and prevent future incidents.

Deductibles are charged to departments for property and automobile claims.  Please contact risk management for more information on the deductible process. 

Note: late reporting of claims may not be covered by our insurance and may cause the department to be responsible for all costs.  Please file reports on a timely basis.