Do I need to enroll?

No, coverage is automatic.

How do I request assistance while I am traveling?

Call 1-215-942-8478 or use the LiveChat feature of the ISOS assistance app from your smart phone.

Who is covered?

Yale members and their immediate family have travel assistance coverage for all types of travel.

Yale members and their immediate family have out-of-country medical care coverage when traveling on Yale business.

What services are included in the program?

Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation

Emergency political and security transportation

Natural disaster evacuation

Medical assistance and mental health support services

Travel assistance services

Personal security services

Out-of-Country medical care coverage

I need a verification of coverage letter for my visa.  What do I use?

Download and complete the appropriate ISOS Verification of Coverage Letter and present it with your visa application (or upon request):

Letter for international travelers on Yale business (including study abroad, research, and University business).

Letter for international travelers on personal/leisure trips:  you will need to contact your medical insurance provider (such as Yale Health) for verification of your medical coverage.

Please observe the following requirements when using the letter:

- The traveler is responsible for the accuracy of the information they use to complete the visa letter and for using the letter appropriately.

- The letter may not be used in connection with travel to or involving Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, North Korea, or the Crimea region (Ukraine/Russia).  Contact the Office of Risk Management for assistance with visa letter needs for these destinations.